Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Anniversary Week. Ceremony, Vows and a face-full of Lavender

Once all the key people were where they needed to be, the procession was able to start.
First were my beautiful bridesmaids.


And our very professional ring bearer


And my three flowergirls, who were a little worried about littering. Initially.



Until they were told it's okay to litter. Then they had a blast throwing them around.


At that point the wind picked up and I started walking towards Tom.


It really was windy and I took a few people out with my veil. Luckily they all signed waivers.


Once up front, there was a prayer



And some light-hearted joking


And some antsy flower girls.


When Tom's dad came up front and gave a prayer/speech hybrid.

He kind of deviated into calling me a Nuyorican and tried out his hand at comedy.


Which had the 'other women' in Tom's life in tears and hysterics. I love this photo.


Tom read his vows:
Farin,You’re a gift from Jesus. I vow to love you as my own flesh. To protect you with all of my strength. I vow to continue dating you as long as we live, to travel the world with you, to share my pistachio ice cream with you. Farin, I get to marry my best friend. By God’s grace I vow not to take you for granted. I look forward to kissing you in the morning as I walk out and at night before bed. Finally, I vow not to change, to continue being the man you know, the one God made me to be.

And I read mine. Much to the amusement of everyone listening.
Tom,  It’s so easy to reflect and see where we could’ve been and what might life might’ve been like outside of each other. But, somehow, you convinced me to move to New York without ever saying a word. While we didn't know how to make long distance work, it worked beautifully. I have no doubt that God kept us close despite the distance, and keeps us growing closer every single day. I want you to know that I will love you when we are together and when we are apart; when our lives are at peace and when they are in turmoil. I will let you know when I am proud of you and when I am disappointed in you; but in all times supporting our life together and will be true to you by God's grace, trusting in Him to guide us. I’ll gladly refill your sunflower seeds on roadtrips. I promise to play games with you and chase you around our home. And I promise to always remain the girl you met, the woman you are marrying today and forever be grateful to have met you.

Of course, the line about refilling his sunflower seeds made people crack up- he is a renown "seeder". We later found out that my maid of honor gifted us sunflower seeds.


From there, another prayer.


And we were told to join hands.


We both did, and gave each other some brand new jewelry.



We were then pronounced Husband and Wife, with a kiss, a hug and some more laughs.




Then we were pelted with lavender, and I winced/sneezed on camera (Tom loves this photo).


After recovering, we made our way to the group of people


Who were waiting to attack.....

6 comments:

  1. Farin, I just love this series! I feel like I'm at your wedding. So, so lovely!! Thank you for sharing this with us. "Share my ice cream with you"...<3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it (I felt silly initially putting it up, but then again, why shouldn't I?) This blog did start out as a marriage reflection blog, and the fact that there are some out there like me that enjoy reading along makes me feel less goofy about it :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh my you look so beautiful and so does your hubby! I love the pics, they are all so amazing. what a glorious day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you're right, it was such as wonderful day.

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover