Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Getting Outside and a Cute Baby

1. What are two or three expectations you have of yourself?
Okay.... To get outside for a walk whenever possible, and to keep adding more content to this blog and get to posting more frequently. Shouldn't be too difficult to achieve.

2. In what way does your outdoor space need sprucing up this spring?
My outdoor space is currently a park in my neighborhood, and the streets around it.
I do however have a bird feeder that we put up on our fire escape last year that really needs to be taken down.

3. According to this site (Roadtrippers), six of North America's most wondrous waterfalls are-Webster's Falls in Ontario, Upper Whitewater Falls in North Carolina, Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon, Multnomah Falls in Oregon, The Lower Yellowstone Falls, and Niagara. Have you seen any on the list? Which one on the list would you most like to visit? Prettiest waterfall not on the list that you've seen in person?
I've been to the Grand Canyon, but cannot recall the falls. And I've also been to Niagara, but honestly wasn't all that impressed. I prefer a secluded area with falls to a crowded attraction. But, if you are going to Niagara Falls, I recommend going to the Cave of the Winds. You might even find a pot of gold if you hop over the fence.
4. Looking back, what's something you wish you'd done as a teenager?
I would have gone to prom I guess. I remember working that evening at Wendys, and serving my classmates who thought it would be ironic to come dressed up and order burgers :)

5. Ham...yes please or no thank you? If you said yes please which of the following do you like best-baked ham with all the trimmings, a ham and cheese sandwich, prosciutto with melon, a ham biscuit, a bowl of split pea and ham soup, or a slice of pizza topped with ham and pineapple?
Okay.... ham isn't my favorite, but I do love Hawaiian pizza.

6. Are you typical of your generation? How so?
No. I was one of the first of my friends to get married, and now I'm a mother with everyone still dating around and climbing the corporate ladder- which means there aren't many who I can relate with. The world seems to glorify putting yourself first, and then when you achieve everything, you can "settle" down and do all the boring stuff. I always knew that I'd want to be staying at home with children, and that raising them would be an incredible privilege and joy. That doesn't seem typical of my generation.

7. April rolls in at the end of the week, and in keeping with that theme...'act the fool', nobody's fool', a fool's errand', 'could have fooled me'...which foolish idiom most recently applies to you? Explain.
I would hope that I am nobody's fool, the other seems like ones I would prefer to avoid.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Daniel is teething. And he has little white bumps where they are starting to push up through the gums. I'm going to miss my baby with his gummy smile. And, would you just look a this little guy? I hate to see him uncomfortable.

So tell me...
Do you feel like you fit into your generation?
How do you help soothe a teething baby?

    Blogger icon photo facebook_zpseef9d1da.png       Google+ icon photo gplus_zpsa51d23ec.png      
Facebook     Google+     Twitter
----------
This post brought to you by:

7 comments:

  1. Awe, he is just precious! Our 1 year old Granddaughter is cutting her back teeth and not enjoying it all that much. Liked your answer to your generation and it's so true. Glad you are enjoying being a stay at home Mom, there's no worthier title. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you Lea! And I don't blame them, I'm glad we don't remember teething!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness-so precious!! Congratulations! I don't think I've been on your blog since you became a mom. I'm so happy for you and I love his name. Daniel is one of my favorites. These are exhausting days, but with a side of loveliness that is hard to put into words. Enjoy your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a while, haven't participated in the Hodgepodge since perhaps... September? Glad to see some familiar faces though!

      Delete
  3. Great answers, and your baby has grown so much already. He is beautiful! My brother's name is Daniel, and my grandson's middle name is also Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding that everyone knows a Daniel :) Thank you Linda!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover